- Diomedes Devoured by His Horses print by Gustave Moreau in 1866.
- Museum quality giclée reproduction of a famous art print.
- Original was composed using watercolor and graphite on paper.
- Artwork depicts the story from Greek Mythology of the horses of King Diomedes tearing him apart as Hercules watches from the shadows.
- Available as a high quality matte poster print, premium cotton art print, on satin lustre for a slight sheen, or rolled canvas print.
- Symbolist Art, French Painting, Dark Academia Decor; Greek Mythology
- 1:1 sheet with margin up to 36x36
ABOUT THE ARTIST: Gustave Moreau (1826-1898) was a French artist and a pioneer of the symbolist movement. He was a teacher at the École des Beaux-Arts.
ARTWORK DIMENSIONS: See sheet and image dimension chart shown in listing photos.
RESTORED WITH CARE: This reproduction has been digitally restored and enhanced by Inked & Foiled. The piece still retains the characteristics of the original, but with any major flaws due to time and wear cleaned up, producing a top quality image for display.
These museum-quality fine art prints are created using the giclée printing process, which allows for super-fine detail and resolution. Archival inks are applied to premium heavyweight fine art papers. Giclée prints are regarded as the highest quality graphic reproduction process available and considered to be museum quality. Printed with a 12-color high end system using top of the line archival inks, resulting in a print that can last upwards of 100 to 200 years.
Premium Fine Art Canvas: This is a premium, 408 gsm, heavyweight canvas with a white and non-reflective surface. This is an acid-free and archival-grade paper. Our canvas consists of a 35/65 Cotton/ Poly Blend, with an Oxford 2:1 weave, and a fine & semi-smooth surface, .